Well — our first attempt at printing a “real” order didn’t go over so well… I cut down a huge stack of expensive paper (Crane Lettra, 110 lb, ecru), only to realize that there was no way to center up the plate on the cut-size sheets… So, we tried to move the plate down on the base as far as we could and then when we ran it — the lay pins hit the photopolymer plate, destroying it. WHOOPS!!!
Good news is that new paper and a new plate will be here tomorrow. We’ll try again this weekend! Hopefully, it will be a success this time and I can post some pictures of how great the letterpress weddings invitations look!
Expensive lesson #1 learned!