You have spent weeks, months and (for some brides) years planning for your big day. It may be small, but something is bound to go wrong, no matter how much forethought you put into every detail. So, we have come up with a list of things to include in an “emergency kit” that you can put together before the big day and then assign someone to keep up with throughout the event for you. This will virtually guarantee you a stree-free day where you will be left to enjoy the experience instead of worrying about any problems that may arise!
Putting together these items for a bride and presenting it to her at a shower is a WONDERFUL idea too!! This would make a great gift from a group of hostesses to provide to the bride. You could go the extra step and put it in a great basket, a toolbox, a sewing basket, or a monogrammed bag that she can use forever — whatever it is, make sure that it will holdup and withstand multiple handlers and a very busy day! You could also do “his” and “hers” kits.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU AND YOUR BRIDAL PARTY LOOK YOUR BEST!
* Static-cling spray
* Sewing kit, safety pins, scissors
* No-sew fusing (so you can iron a hem back together if it falls out)
* Extra pairs of pantyhose for the girls and socks that match the men’s suits (some of them are bound to show up in blue socks and a black suit)!
* Spot/Stain remover
* Two bottles of nail polish — one for your nails and one for your pantyhose!
* Nail clippers, file, tweesers
* Makeup: lipstick, foundation, powder, blush, mascara, eye shadow, whatever else you use…
* Hairbrush, comb, hairspray, curlers or curling iron, hair dryer, bobbypins
* Extra backs for your earrings
* Extra Glasses, contact lens solution, lens
* Eyedrops that will reduce redness
* Kleenex or handkerchief
* Cotton Balls, Q-tips, Brushes and whatnot to apply makeup with
* Baby wipes or moist towelettes
* Golf Umbrella — in case of rain — you will be able to keep most of your dress dry with one of these as opposed to a regular umbrella.
* Straws — for drinking without ruining your makeup!
* Lint Brush
* Shoe Polish
MAKE SURE YOU’LL FEEL YOUR BEST
* Tylenol and Advil (some people can’t take one or the other…)
* Gas Relief Pills
* Allergy Medication
* Cold Medicine (NON-Drowsy for sure)
* Throat Lozenges/Cough Drops
* Ace Bandages
* Perscription Medicines (for yourself!)
* Feminine Hygiene products: pads and/or tampons
* Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Mouth Waste, Floss, Mints, Toothpicks
* Mirror (if there isn’t a bathroom nearby, or one in the dressing area)
MAKE SURE EVERYTHING RUNS SMOOTHLY
* Bring an extra copy of the scriptures, poems, readings and songs that are going to be used in the ceremony
* Pen, Paper or Notepad, Tape, Stapler, Scissors
* Fully-charged cell phone (make sure it’s turned OFF during the ceremony if it will be close enough to be heard).
* A lamintated list of all of your wedding day service providers and their phone number(s).
* A laminated list of your entire weddding party and their phone number(s).
* Clock or Watch
EXTRA STUFF YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE
* Bottled water
* Camera (for those priceless candid shots)
* Double sided tape, Masking Tape, Duct Tape, Medical Tape
* Antibacterial Solution
* Loose Change (for vending machines, parking meters, etc.)
* Glue gun and glue sticks; super glue